Thursday, May 17, 2012

Many children have passed from Batten Disease over the years.  I have only recently become actively involved in "blogging" so I have not posted about children that have passed away until now.  I am sure I will not be able to post about every single one from here on out, but wanted to post about Caity Allio. 

Caity was from Vacaville, CA where her family currently lives.  She lost her battle with the Juvenile form of Batten Disease earlier this week.  I haven't had the opportunity to personally know that many families affected by Batten Disease.  Nor did I get to meet Caity myself, but I did have the tremendous pleasure of meeting Caity's parents, Joe and Kathy Allio.  They are incredibly kind folks who are so easy to get to know.  They are the kind of people that you feel as if you've known your whole life from the very first moment you meet them. 

Below is the obituary in the Reporter for Caity that  I found online. 

Legacy.com


No comments: